I have loved this ever since I heard it on Eric Clapton's Unplugged album. This is a bluesy, folk-roots style of piano playing I am working on, trying to imitate the guitar picking styles of old masters like Merle Travis.
Make Friends And Get Dates By Playing Rock Piano! Part two of my How To Play Rock Piano series.
Live video: Re-harmonizing the Beatles: Nowhere Man
This is a little demonstration video, using "There Is No Greater Love" (Isham Jones/Marty Symes) to launch us into my next video with nearly the same title, when we will analyze and break down what I have done and talk about how to apply these techniques to your own playing. Congrats to Katie Ward who transcribed two choruses and sent it to me! Three pages PDF is now available! She is getting a free Skype lesson with me. Katie Ward you are really cool! Thank you!
Purchase the worksheet from the video [5.00 $]
Using the very simple, and affordable Gridplay app on my iPhone, I made a multi track video of this beautiful song. No one at Gridplay even knows I exist but I want to let people know about their app because it has been so helpful to me.
Learning by ear is the only way to go. Our history teaches us that. John Clayton changed my life one day with his lesson and I'd like to share it with you.
Using the tune, "But Not For Me," I discuss open and close comping voicings for jazz piano. Email me if you would like a worksheet to go along with this video.
Take a look at Bill Evans' solo piano recording of "People" from the Alone Again album with me as we discover the master arranger behind the beauty!
More Articles ...
- I Accompany You - Episode 1 - On Green Dolphin Street, Someday My Prince Will Come
- Play Along With Aimee: Green Dolphin & Someday My Prince [MP3]
- How to practice major scales
- The Giant Steps Challenge
- Amazing 14 Year Old Jazz Violinist, Gianna Pedregon
- Aimee Nolte & Nicki Parrott Live at the Jazz Corner
- Live From Grandpa's Missouri Farm
- My LOAD Of Transcriptions (And How You Can Get Your Hands On Them)